Tips to Help Avoid Motorcycle Accidents
There are countless
motorcycle accidents caused by other drivers who are under the influence of drugs or alcohol,
careless, negligent, reckless or just plain distracted. It is important
for riders to exercise certain motorcycle safety precautions in order
to help minimize their chances of being involved in an accident that can
lead to injury or even
Here are some tips that we find helpful, as we are riders ourselves here
at Michigan Biker Law:
Wear a helmet, not just any helmet, make sure it's approved and safety
rated to help prevent a
traumatic brain injury.
- Wear brightly colored clothing so you can be noticed in another driver's
peripheral vision and more easily seen at night when riding.
- Always be alert and attentive when riding. Do not ride when you are tired
and especially when you have been drinking.
- Watch your speed and obey the traffic laws.
- Be sure that you are not in another driver's blind spot, move ahead
or fall back in order to be seen.
- Do not weave in and out of cars on the road, freeway or highway.
- Test your bike's lights and signals regularly.
- Use your turn signals when turning.
- Non-stick gloves are helpful when riding.
Do not ride too close behind other vehicles, as this can be
deadly if they have to make a quick stop.
- Make sure to practice hard-braking maneuvers regularly so you can come
to a quick stop if needed.
Dedicated Sterling Heights Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Our firm has dedicated over 30 years to exclusively protecting the rights
of victims and providing effective representation in all
types of motorcycle accidents and all
types of injuries. We have extensive knowledge and experience with the laws and procedures
that are related to
motorcycle accident cases, as well as in wrongful death lawsuits that are filed by families
on behalf of loved ones that have been fatally injured.
If you or someone you know has recently been involved in an accident, a competent
Sterling Heights motorcycle accident attorney at our firm is prepared to provide you with the high level of representation
you need and deserve and aggressively seek maximum compensation for your
losses, damages and expenses.
Contact a Sterling Heights motorcycle accident lawyer
at our firm now for effective and skilled advice and legal advocacy
after an accident.