What Do I Do After an Accident?
Do's and Don'ts
In order to pave the way to potentially achieve the best possible outcome regarding
compensation following your
motorcycle accident, it's important that you follow certain guidelines. Failing to do
so can create unnecessary problems or delays with your case or may even
adversely affect the amount you ultimately receive. Here is a basic guide
of do's and don'ts:
- Remain at the scene of the accident.
- Call 911 for the assistance of police and ambulance officers.
- Assist others involved in the accident as much as possible with any necessary
- Collect the contact information of any witnesses willing to share it.
- Exchange driver and insurance information with any other drivers involved.
- Take photos of the scene if at all possible. In some cases these may make
a material difference to the investigation and outcome of your case.
- Give a statement to police when they arrive.
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible. Note that this is, of course,
vital above all else. But if you are able to do so, the other points should
also be observed.
- Do not make any statements to insurance companies - either your own or
any other driver's, until you are represented by a competent attorney.
Don't engage in conversation with them, nor agree to an appointment to do so.
Flint motorcycle accident lawyer as soon as possible.
Flint Motorcycle Accident Attorney
At Michigan Biker Law, we are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
We care about looking out for riders and will be there when you're
facing the aftermath of an accident. The earlier we are contacted, the
better, as we can then investigate your case while evidence is still available
and unchanged and witnesses have a better recollection of events. We can
also prevent insurance companies from calling the shots and intervene
to ensure your rights are protected.
Contact a Flint motorcycle accident attorney
as soon as possible following an accident so you have someone on your side
from the beginning.